We are excited to announce that Xledger will be updated with release 2019-R2 on 15th June. The release will contain a lot of new features and enhancements, some of these…
“There were so many fits with Xledger and so few entry costs. Xledger has freed up a huge amount of my time and I can now give a heads up on what’s coming to fruition in 3 month’s time where I couldn’t before.”
Galbraith sells shipbroking services to its customers worldwide including tanker chartering and dry cargo operations. The team provides expert, professional, operational support from inception to completion of contracts, covering single voyage fixtures, contracts of affreightment and period charters.
The Dry Cargo division offers global shipbroking coverage both for owners and charterers in all dry bulk commodity types. With offices in the UK and Far East, the business offers market advice, charter party negotiations and operational backup from the dedicated and experienced post fixture team.
The Sales and Purchase division provides a complete service from the contracting of new buildings through to second-hand sales and demolition.
Galbraith was looking to better understand business processes for spot fixing chartered voyages in order to report on projects in multiple locations. Prior to using Xledger, the company entered data manually using a local IT system on-premise, 10 year old system. Challenges included:
- an old system and on-premise IT
- no meaningful information
- limited data capture
- manual entry of data
- limited visibility across the business
- limited insights for reporting on revenue ahead of turnaround
- limited decision making
Xledger provided Galbraith with a cost-effective platform with vendor support, a monthly (no tie in) subscription and quarterly vendor-side updates. Galbraith’s Head of Finance, Louis Gonzalez, explains the milestones:
- o-3 months: Following a review of 3 potential systems where we found Xledger to be the best fit and value for money, we moved all of our accounts across to Xledger including ledger system, balance transfers, accounts receivable/payable and defined user hierarchies.
- 3-6 months: We then started to leverage off some system functionalities, setting up banking transactions operative overnight and automatic payments plus bulk uploads of invoices.
- 1 year on: After a year we implemented an interface between front and middle office where fixtures become captured in the industry bespoke Triganol system we use. We developed an interface to Xledger with an automatic throughput of business and fixtures done; straight from the broker, through operations and into accounts.
- The future: We plan to further integrate with business processes in the near future.
- Deployed integrated system in The Cloud
- Agile forecasting system
- Automated banking and accounting functions
- Additional functionality for planning
- Dashboard management and easy reporting
- Support and development with the Xledger team
- Project accounting functionality
- Reporting and analytics in real-time
What the client said
- It’s quick and easy to implement
- There are large time saving features which will really change the way you work on a daily basis
- Staff take you on a journey where your needs are listened to and factored into developments
“It’s good value for money and provides excellent support.”
For any further information on Xledger Cloud ERP, get in touch with our team of experts by email or by ringing 0117 329 1050.